Pure Power is seeking an experienced Engineer or Electrician to lead the engineering efforts in the field, including commissioning, inspections, and gathering site data as needed for the design of new systems. The candidate shall possess experience and understanding in the design, installation, and operation of commercial PV systems, commercial electrical systems, and power electronics. The position is based in the company’s office headquarters in Hoboken NJ, but will require frequent travel to sites.
- Site Surveying
- Visit site to gather information as needed for the engineers in the office.
- Take detailed notes on the electrical service and electrical room.
- Determine locations for line or load side interconnections.
- Survey roof, taking exact measurements using professional surveying equipment
- Determine best locations for inverters and electrical distribution equipment.
- Assist engineers in understanding the existing conditions on sites and your recommendations.
- Review completed design documents and give feedback to engineers.
- Prepare written engineering reports.
- Construction Administration
- Visit site as the owners agent.
- Quality control inspections.
- Lead the commissioning of solar PV systems.
- Detailed, hands-on, inspections of solar PV installations.
- Take voltage and current measurements of all equipment
- Use tools such as IV curve tracers, meggers, thermal imaging cameras.
- Visual inspection to confirm system was build according to the drawings, specifications, codes, and industry best practices.
- Prepare written inspection reports with pertinent photographs, code citations, and actions required to ensure a safe and code-compliant PV installation
- Monitoring Systems
- Startup and programing of solar monitoring systems (Locus, Also, Draker, etc)
- Configure & troubleshoot network connections (wired & cellular)
- Monitor short and long term performance.
- Model system in PVsyst and compare expected vs actual generation.
- Pure Power’s expert engineers are called upon to solve a wide range of issues on systems installed and operating. You will be the eyes in the field that will help diagnose the issue and make recommendations for repair.
- Installing temporary monitoring equipment to collect data on energy consumption, generation, and environmental parameters
- Analyze results of field work and testing.
- Create reports for the client.
- Business Development
- Support the sales team by providing input on proposals, including writing and/or reviewing technical specifications, estimating man-hours and materials, quotes, and proposed schedules.
- Experience with commercial electrical distribution equipment (Switchboards, switchgear, pad mount transformers, etc)
- Experience working on commercial scale PV systems, so that you can understand what is good vs bad workmanship or means and methods.
- Excellent knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC), as applied to solar PV systems
- Candidate must possess an OSHA 10 hour certificate, or be willing to obtain one
- Candidate must be willing and able to work on/around rooftops and on/around energized electrical equipment on a regular basis
- OSHA 30 card
- NABCEP Certified PV Installer and/or licensed electrician
- Proficient in relevant PV industry tools and software, including Solmetric Suneye PVWatts, PVSyst
- Experience drafting using AutoCAD.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary & benefits commensurate with experience. Benefits include healthcare plans, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, dental, vision and 401K plan.
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Pure Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.