Pure Power is seeking an experienced electrical engineer to design and generate construction documents for commercial and utility scale solar PV systems. The senior engineer will lead a team of solar engineers and draftsmen, and will serve as the main point of contact to our clients and vendors.
Join the team known for producing clearest, most value engineered and constructible drawings in the industry. You will be coming into a culture of constant education, improvement, and teamwork. As a Pure Power engineer, challenge yourself every day to make each design and drawing set the best one yet.
- Design and engineer commercial and utility scale PV solar systems between 50kW and 10MW in size.
- Develop construction documents using AutoCAD.
- Travel to project sites from time to time to gather site-specific data, as required.
- Site assessment and analysis both from on-site data collection and network tools.
- Contributing to or writing technical papers.
- Site specific production analysis of PV arrays using models such as PVsyst
- Complete utility interconnection applications and building permit applications.
- Develop detailed equipment specifications.
- Coordinate activities between clients, utilities, permit agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms.
- While most of this work will be carried out in Pure Power’s office in Hoboken NJ, some travel to sites will be expected.
- Integrating energy storage systems into the solar PV system.
- Provide mentorship and training to new and junior engineering personnel.
- Mastery of the National Electrical Code
- 4+ years’ experience designing commercial solar PV systems.
- 4+ years’ experience working with AutoCAD with an understanding of layer control, dimensioning and scaling, sheet sets, blocks, xrefs, line weights, plot files, and file transmission.
- 2+ years’ experience managing a team
- Considered a subject matter expert for commercial and utility scale PV installations.
- Ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company.
- Detail oriented, thorough, with excellent planning, process, and project management skills.
- Strong mathematical and quantitative skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill.
- Professional Engineering license
- Experience in traditional building design with an MEP firm.
- Medium Voltage engineering experience.
- Experience designing energy storage systems
- Hands on experience commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting solar PV systems.
- NABCEP certification.
- MS in electrical engineering, or other related discipline.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We pay 100% of our employee benefits costs and offer healthcare plans, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, dental, vision and 401K.
Pure Power is in the exciting township of Hoboken, with plenty of public transportation options. We also provide a private parking spot for those that wish to drive to the office.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Pure Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.