Outside Sales Manager/Engineer
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pure Power Engineering is a leader in the design & engineering of commercial & utility scale solar PV systems. Our strength is creating the drawings that contractors use for permits and construction. Our licensed professional engineers create the best designs & drawings in the industry, so you will enjoy selling a product that you are proud of and the competition can’t match.
Pure Power Engineering, Inc. (www.PurePower.com) is looking for a Outside Sales Manager/Engineer to sell our professional engineering services. This individual must be self-driven and adept at generating their own leads in a B2B environment. This position will report to the sales manager in the Hoboken NJ office.
Ideally, the individual shall come into the position with existing relationships in the solar industry that can be leveraged to start quickly.
The services you will sell include: construction documents/drawings, development support (PVsyst, presale layouts, etc), owner’s agent roles during construction, and inspections & testing. Our clients include: contractors, EPCs, and developers in the commercial & utility scale solar market.
Travel is expected and required as needed by project location and scope.
- Sales & Marketing
- You will be a self-sufficient hunter of new business, comfortable working on your own while also collaborating closely with colleagues.
- Retain clients by building relationships and growing portfolios through relationship management.
- Ownership and accountability for the Salesforce pipeline that tracks the win activity needed to put us on track to meet the revenue targets.
- Manage the sales request process for all project types and work within guidelines and set triggers to efficiently manage priorities using Salesforce.com and other established tools. Work with key members within Sales and Operations to effectively structure projects.
- While experience in the solar & engineering fields would be advantageous, consideration will be given first and foremost to those candidates who can demonstrate a strong track record of proven sales success.
- Engineering Support
- Perform technical due diligence for RFPs.
- Pre-sale site visits and meetings as needed to gather information for the proposal’s scope of work, fees, & schedule.
- SITE SURVEYS – Immediately upon completing the sale, you will be responsible for gathering on- site information and sending to the engineers in the HQ so they may complete the work. Information to be gathered includes: roof measurements, electrical room data, obtaining as-built structural drawings, & taking lots of photos.
- Facilitate communication between the clients and our engineers.
- 3+ years sales experience
- Professional presence required and ability to effectively interface with executives.
- Ability to listen to clients, understand their needs and determine how we can help them achieve their goals.
- Strong cold-calling skills and ability to self-source leads.
- Hunter mentality with drive to identify and close on opportunities
- Ability to develop a plan to effectively build pipeline and generate top line revenue growth
- 3+ years engineering education or experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Base compensation
- Paid holidays and vacation days
- Health & dental insurance
- Expense reimbursement
Apply at email@example.com
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Pure Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.